2012 Trout Camp Closer
I hope to write a couple posts about this years closer, but here are some highlights:
- Great trout fishing – 4 browns 20 inches, many others
- Brooks and rainbows
- Great camping weather
- Plenty of beer
- Met some nice people – Ray and Desiree, her older brother, and his crazy girlfriend
- Ray cooked best venison I ever had
- Feral sang the Mexican song with Luther on acoustic guitar, even Natch joined in
- Mike and Denny camped on the Pigeon but came over for the campfire
- Stories and banter that encouraged another beer
- Another beer
- Feral re-invents the blow gun
- Natch fished the whole valley in one stretch
- Feral and I saw a bull elk that filled a two track – half a ton?
- Saw a bobcat, countless deer and turkey
- Waders leaked but I didn’t get cold
- Caught two big browns following Feral – offered to take the lead!
- Best trout camp ever.